These steps describe the process for non-sterile compounding:
1. Using the prescription, create a formula for the intended product including any calculations and specific amounts of ingredients needed.
2. Wash hands and put on all required PPE.
3. Obtain any hardware supplies such as a balance or graduated cylinder.
4. Weigh/measure out all ingredients using the proper measurement tools.
5. Following the recipe, combine the ingredients in the correct ratios and in the proper order.
6. Document the exact amounts used and label the final product including final strengths of ingredients.